Enrolling your Child
At River Valley School, we are inclusive by design. Our school community is made up of passionate and engaged students, teachers, families and staff, bound by a belief that private school education should not be exclusive or just for the elite. In fact, inclusivity is what sets us apart.
Admission’s at RVS is based on several factors, the most important of which is knowing that you have found the right place for your child. At River Valley School academic testing is not required as part of the admissions process. It’s our job to find out how they learn, what they enjoy and what steps need to be taken to ensure that every student, regardless of age or ability will flourish academically and socially.
Please note: We are limited by our facilities and expertise, so are unable to provide for children with medical fragility and severe emotional and oppositional defiance disorders.
International students residing in Canada with their parents may not be eligible for the Alberta Education Funding for Resident Students. Consequently, these students may assume the total cost of education for each year they attend the school. We do not offer boarding or a homestay program.
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 403-246-2275
Book a Tour
All families interested in RVS are asked to take a tour of our school and meet our Director of Admissions to discuss our programs, learn about your child, and commence the enrollment process.
We invite you to tour the school to get a feel for our community and spirit. During your visit we will discuss our programs and how they fit with your child. Tours are best scheduled during school hours to allow parents and their children an opportunity to observe programs and the caliber of instruction and educational programs we offer.
If you are unable to find a time that works for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-246-2275.
Application for Admission
In addition to the application, the following is required prior to an admission decision:
- $150 non-refundable application fee will be payable online, or drop off a cheque/cash to the admissions office
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate, citizenship, or permanent residence card (if applicable)
- A copy of the final report card of last school year and most recent report card (if applicable)
- A copy of the student’s psychoeducational evaluations and/or assessments related to the students emotional, behavioral, medical or learning needs (if applicable)
*In some cases, students may be asked to join us for an informal observation or classroom trial to determine a good fit.
Part-Time Program (Offered for Tots Only): $4,850
Half Day Program (Offered for Tots Only): $8,070
Full Day Program (Tots – Grade 6): $14,320
Arrowsmith Program (Grade 1-6): $26,680
A non-refundable deposit equal to three-month’s tuition is required. The remaining balance may then be paid either in a lump sum or divided into monthly payments (monthly payments incur a $50/month surcharge).
- A non-refundable $2,500 Registration Fee is required for each student. The registration fee is charged as membership into the River Valley School Society, and ensures funds are available for capital expenses and the long-term sustainability of River Valley School. This fee is phased in for students enrolled in Tots and Junior Kindergarten and a cumulative total of $2,500 is paid by the Kindergarten year OR $2,500 for first year of school from K – 6.
- A non-refundable Student Account Fee of $350 is due annually. This fee covers the incidental costs associated with school supplies, technology, STEM programming, classroom projects, field trips, and enriched Specialist and Physical Education activities. Other extracurricular activities may require payment per activity.
Full-fee prepayment, lump sum or monthly payment methods are available and are payable by:
- Automatic Withdrawal (pre-authorized payment)
- Visa/MasterCard (may be subject to a processing fee)
Please note monthly payments incur a $50/month surcharge
NSF Cheque Fee: $50