School Uniform expectations:
- Uniforms must be tucked in, tidy and clean at all times.
- Students are not allowed to wear hats of any kind while in the building.
- Students are not allowed to wear non-RVS sweaters/sweat shirts/hoodies.
- Please label everything your child brings to school.
- Be sure to send outerwear that is appropriate for all weather conditions.
A school uniform is required for all River Valley School students in Pre-JK to Grade 6. Students must have at least one piece of tartan or crest showing at all times.
Standard uniform (Required):
The standard uniform is to be worn on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Formal dress uniform (Required):
The full-dress uniform must be worn every Wednesday, as well as for the first day of school, concerts, assemblies, field trips, photo days and other special occasions as communicated by the school.
Gym strip: (Grade 3 – 6 students only)
The gym strip is used for physical education classes for grades 3 – 6 only.
Summer uniform: (Optional)
Summer uniform items (i.e., shorts, dress shorts and crested short sleeve button down shirt) are available for purchase and can be worn throughout the year when warmer weather allows.
Casual uniform Fridays: (Optional)
On Fridays, students have the option to choose from a number of casual uniform options (i.e., crested sweatshirts, leggings, tracksuits).