River Valley School
A Message from the Head of School
River Valley School (RVS) is an inclusive, independent school that provides outstanding educational opportunities for our students from preschool through to Grade 6. While consistently ranking among Alberta’s top schools, we are as different from other schools as our students are from one another.
We trace our roots to 2003, when the River Valley School Society evolved from the Calgary Montessori School. Since our inception, everything we do has been guided by our Mission and our Vision.
- Our Mission: to be an exceptional educator that embraces the unique talents of every child. Our adaptive model of educational delivery supports different learning styles to ensure that every student is capable of achieving their personal best.
- Our Vision: to curate opportunities for learning and discovery that are as dynamic as the world around us.
As a community, we learn and grow together respecting the values, opinions and beliefs of all students, teachers, and administrators. We work together to create a school where learners feel safe, confident and free to appreciate each other, make good ethical decisions, and take age- and stage- appropriate risks, leading to enhanced understanding and broadened inquiry.
Within our supportive climate, students become joyful, passionate learners and know they are safe to try new things, make mistakes, discover new approaches, and explore innovative ways of seeing, contributing to and changing the world.
Our mission and vision are supported by our five guiding principles:
- We cultivate and facilitate experiences that inspire and support academic excellence, creativity and risk taking for our students.
- We believe people are capable of greatness when they are engaged and inspired.
- We connect and involve our students, staff and families to ensure RVS is a dynamic and responsive place to learn, now and in the future.
- We are a community that is conscious of the strength of partnerships and their power to affect change. We nurture young leaders who value the importance of making a difference in the world.
- We operate an ethical and responsible not for profit organization with a strong governance model.
We invite you to visit our campus to learn about our outstanding programs and meet our outstanding students, teachers and staff.
Head of School
River Valley School